I was going to post something after a month, but it has been probably two. Some notes:
- I still check Facebook just about every day, and ‘like’ lots of posts.
- I don’t comment much, but fun things like Saints games can get me posting when friends are involved.
- I like owning my content again
- I have gotten nice emails from old friends who have checked out these pages. I think it is especially good for old friends who might want to check in and see what I am up to, but might not care much about my day to day trivialities.
- I dont miss the pointless arguments or politics. Or mainstream news (I read the news and don’t really need headlines in Facebook, too).
- Do I miss anything about Facebook? Not really. The blog format is less ‘interactive’, but I never installed their IM. Like I said earlier, I still might chime in on a good Facebook discussion.
I guess I will keep this going.