Still crazy hot here in Austin, even at the end of September. The info below from KXAN tells the story.
- This has been the hottest September on record, with hourly temperatures averaging 88°
- This September has been hotter than July (July 2019 average: 86.5°)
- Daily high temperatures this month have averaged 100.3°
- We have seen more 100° days this September than ever before (18 days. The previous record was 14 in 2011)
- We have recorded 56 100° days this year, the 5th most on record
- Typically, the first strong cold front of the season comes September 20-21. We will have to wait much longer this year.