Found the nice little 24V 30W motors that fit exactly inside of a 2″ PVC pipe. Took me a while to get around to it but cut and dry fitted the pieces to see how it looks. Bolted on these string trimmer replacement blades that are available from all sorts of vendors for a wide range of prices. Went for the least expensive ones, at $7. I was going to use the same controller as the one for the main motor, but somehow, after I had fully installed it, it turned up broken. So I ordered a simpler replacement controller. I really don’t need the LED readout.
Will glue it all together and wire it up another day. I still need to figure out how to hook in up to the original blade height mechanism. I removed much of it because it was made for a different platform that was maybe 70 or 100 lbs of metal. Looking for a simp!e soultion (as always). Also need a safety cover. Looking at some pie pans, which are metal, but instead might go with some of those shallow plates that go under flower pots. Plastic and easier to work with. Everything is smaller and lighter so no real need for a massive deck. Just something to prevent dumb accidents.